Friday, June 14, 2013

Back From a Short Hiatus

I can't believe that it has been several weeks since I last wrote a post on this blog. I have been busy getting settled into my new office at Coldwell Banker Village Green Realty. The market has been steadily improving over the spring months and we continue to see houses selling at a faster pace than a year ago. We also continue to find that the inventory is not as abundant as it was a year ago which leads to slightly higher selling prices as competition begins to heat up on a well priced listing. It has been several years since we've seen bidding wars on a property. (In the New York City market things are really heating up with buyers removing their mortgage contingencies just to insure they will win the bidding process) Even with this type of rally, I don't think that we will experience the rapid growth that we had back in the early 2000's since lending practices have tightened up since then.

Keeping It Real, my local radio program that covers the real estate market here in the Hudson Valley has a new time slot which is on now on Saturday mornings beginning at 9:30. I'll also be posting more episodes here on this blog over the next few days.
Thanks for your patience, and I promise I'll be more active again with posts to keep you informed and up to date with our local real estate market.

No comments:

Post a Comment